Ready for a fresh perspective?
Starr Consulting provides innovative coaching services to some of the largest organisations in the world, with a clear focus on people, relationships and results. Our founder, Julie Starr, has influenced thousands of practitioners with her books and coaching principles. We specialise in leadership skills, performance management, mentoring and much more – so why not get in touch for a chat?
Who We Are
Starr Consulting was founded in 1995, with a mission to create positive change in businesses. Our work is based on Julie Starr’s influential coaching models and we take a clear, direct approach to help you tackle your workplace challenges.Learn more >
Meet the team
We're a team of talented, knowledgeable coaching consultants – but we’re also real people, with a wide range of life experiences. We live by the values we teach and are passionate about what we do, from coaching and coversational skills to leadership developmentLearn more >
What We Do
Starr Consulting helps managers and leaders improve the performance of people. We use proven techniques to shape more effective behaviours, change the nature of workplace conversations and get better results. Discover more below or talk to us.
Our services include:
Coaching skills programmes with rapid impactLearn more >
Expert support via effective processesLearn more >
Leadership Skills Development
Challenging your perceptions, principles and approachLearn more >
Improving performance by linking understanding with passionLearn more >
Harnessing the potential of individuals and groupsLearn more >
Mentor Skills Training
Building relationships that challenge and inspireLearn more >
We like a challenge – and we use powerful tools that get results. But we also recognise that every situation is different; and take the time to listen to what you want. That’s what makes our coaching skills programmes so effective.
5 REASONS FOR WORKING WITH US
We’re leading providers in our field
We maintain that simple is powerful
We've a proven track record and can repeat results
We begin with enquiry - your needs become our goals
We develop exciting, effective new techniques
The conversations that happen everyday in your organisation are a living expression of your culture. We work to promote listening, openness and trust. Together we can enliven your workplace.
Studies prove that a manager's behavioural style massively impacts engagement. Daily interactions and conversations are an everyday opportunity to raise engagement levels and foster empowerment. We work with your managers to improve their conversational skills and the principles they manage by. Together we increase performance in your workplace.
Change happens when people understand it, engage with it and get behind it. What mobilises change is clear and effective effort towards it. Your people make the difference - and we can make a difference to your people.
Intelligence and experience are great - but emotional maturity is the key to performance. By helping raise people's awareness, of themselves and others, we change perspectives - for example, away from victimhood and towards empowerment. It's a dramatic shift with results that match.
Our specialist tools and methods get managers to 'stop managing and start coaching'. Using live demonstration, we prove how helping someone think for themselves is more powerful. By targeting a manager's skills, values and behaviours, their everyday style changes.
Julie Starr's Books
Julie Starr’s publications are recommended reading on coaching and development programmes all over the world. The Coaching Manual (fourth edition, 2016) offers a definitive guide to the process, principles and skills of personal coaching; while Brilliant Coaching (third edition, 2017) encourages the very best workplace leadership skills. Julie’s third book, The Mentoring Manual, is also now available via Amazon.
Brilliant CoachingView on Amazon >
The Coaching ManualView on Amazon >
The Mentoring ManualView on Amazon >
Hear from our clients
Collaboration and Results
- It's the kind of help and support you don't always realise you need. It has helped me to fast track my development and career. You make the whole process comfortable." Grant, Operations Director, Carillion Building
- Woolworths has been working with Julie and the team for several years now and we feel we have built up a strong relationship with them. They achieve a great balance between a friendly and challenging style in their coaching workshops. Their clear expertise in this area makes the coaching programme authoritative and a valuable development activity for managers at any level." Richard, Training & Development Manager, Woolworths
- Starr Consulting is a highly talented, flexible group of consultants that have provided creative, practical solutions to different projects in DHL over the past 4 years. Each consultant brings a wealth of experience and knowledge which has helped us shape and deliver solutions that make a real difference to our business. They are a hard working yet fun team. They fit well into existing teams, and mentor our internal resources to ensure whatever they deliver is sustainable in the future." Nikki, HR Director, DHL
- These guys really add something different, we value what they do - it's tangible. It's good to have them around." Alex, Executive Vice President IT, GBS, Deutsche Post World Net
- You've had a huge impact on everyone you've worked with." Julia, Learning Manager, Egg
- Helped us understand the team dynamic and how to really make a difference by implementing a few key ideas. It's an eye opener. I've found it unbelievably useful both as a team member and as an individual." Chris, Head of Portfolio Vodafone Group
- Julie Starr was my exec coach for 6 months. The benefits of her coaching were visible both to me and my colleagues. Through the coaching I let go of self-limiting beliefs, which freed me up to reach my potential. I've changed my perspectives, increased my confidence and significantly increased my influence and impact. All of which helped me make a major step-change in my career from Program Director at DHL to my current role at Henkel, thank you Julie." Gordon, Head of Global Services, Henkel
- Starr Consulting provides our managers with challenging, thought-provoking and inspirational training. They deliver in a way which shows their own expertise and passion for coaching. They work in partnership with you to understand the culture and ways of working of your business and are relentless in their desire to enable a coaching culture to emerge." Caroline, Learning & Development Manager, Selfridges & Co.
- I've worked alongside the Starr Consulting team over the last three years; focusing on change management, mentoring programs and executive coaching. They are great professionals who quickly become part of your own team. I have found them to be flexible, responsive and able to deliver within tight timelines." Deborah, Head of HR, GBS, Deutsche Post World Net
- Starr Consulting are expert and they are professional: they also seem able to cope with the pressure and rapid rate of change within an environment like ours. We value what they add. Sherwyn, Talent Development, Motorola
Online Tool Box
Get in Touch
If you’ve got specific questions relating to your situation, or just want a friendly chat to find out more, why not get in touch?